Dentures have gone on to become one of the best-known oral solutions for aged people over the years. With aging, you are sure to lose your teeth. And this is where Dentures in Ottawa come in. These dentures help in going about the functions of the mouth. However, in modern dentistry, you will find dentures that are readily available as a solution for people of all age groups in any good private Dental Clinic in Ottawa. Since the threat of losing your permanent set of teeth remains at any point in life, it becomes quite crucial that you have a treatment option that can meet that requirement.
Dentures- What are they?
Dentures are appliances used in dentistry that serve the function of replacing missing teeth. They feature a set of artificial teeth that remains attached to gum-shaped plastic material. Dentures are usually used for the replacement of multiple teeth, especially where the number exceeds 4 teeth. The gum tissues and the jawbone support these prosthetic devices. The added benefit of Dentures in Ottawa is that they are removable, and that is something that allows the patient to wear them of free will.
Why are Dentures required?
Dentures are specifically made for the replacement of multiple missing teeth. Here we have mentioned some of the reasons for tooth loss:
- An injury: This is considered one of the major reasons for people suffering from tooth loss. This can be either due to a car accident or a sports injury.
- Aging: As you grow older, your teeth are sure to become weak, and thereby likely to fall off over time.
- Medical Conditions: There are some health issues that can weaken the tooth structure, thus causing them to fall off.
- Medication: There are some drug prescriptions, like chemotherapy that can damage teeth and bone structure.
The Different Types of Dentures
Like all other dental appliances, the types of Dentures in Ottawa vary. There are different types of it, some of which are,
- Complete Dentures: These are used to replace all teeth in a mouth. If you do not have any natural teeth missing on either arc of the mouth, then the dentist practicing in a PrivateDental Clinic in Ottawa will offer complete dentures. Complete dentures are most used for old people who have lost all their teeth. Complete Dentures are further categorized into two different types:
- Immediate Dentures: These Dentures in Ottawa are pre-made and primarily used for an immediate restoration. When you visit a dentist in a Private Dental Clinic in Ottawa, they offer you immediate dentures. The only downside to immediate dentures is their fit. Being pre-made, they sometimes cannot offer the perfect fit.
- Conventional Dentures: These dentures are specifically made as per the unique requirements of a patient. When you visit your dentures for the first time, you will not be getting ready-made dentures. The dentist will take an impression of your mouth and then come up with a customized size of Dentures in Ottawa. Then, you need to wait for a couple of days for your dentures to be ready. The biggest plus point of conventional Dentures in Ottawa is that they allow your mouth ample time to heal. In this way, any shrinkage of the gums that follows the healing period will be accounted for during your denture fitting.
- Partial Dentures: These Dentures in Ottawa are best suited for people who have multiple missing teeth but still have other teeth remaining. The replacement artificial teeth are attached to a gum-like plastic base that is then fixed to your teeth. You can also get partial dentures that come with metal frameworks that help them stay put in the mouth. These are also removable.
- Implant-supported Dentures: These are big names in the 21st century. There are some people who would rather prefer permanent dentures as that is something that would give them more stability. In that case, a professional dentist in a Private Dental Clinic in Ottawa will use dental implants to support the dentures and hold them in place. Implant-supported Dentures can either be used as complete dentures or partial dentures.
Cost of Dentures
Now, that you have made yourself aware of the different types of Dentures in Ottawa out there, one thing that might be worrying you is the price factor. There is a big confusion revolving around the fact of whether dentures are covered by dental insurance. The good news is that most dental insurances cover the cost associated with dentures. While there are some that cover the entire cost, there are some that only cover the cost partially.