Fairy Meadows is one of the most famous and attractive places to hike in Pakistan. It is considered as one of the most accessible hikes that enable us to witness an 8,000 m high mountain without trekking for days. It provides a view of Nanga Parbat (one of the highest mountains in Pakistan) that is 8,125 m high and standing tall likes a beast.
While traveling in Pakistan, a trip to Fairy Meadows is necessary. It is situated at the core of the glorious northern sides of Pakistan and located in Diamer, which is a district of Gilgit Baltistan. The richly green highland is one of the best places for camping in Pakistan.
Trekking to Fairy Meadows Pakistan:
Fairy Meadows Pakistan was termed by an Australian climber “Hermann Buhl” in 1953, because of its captivating and appealing beauty. He was the first to mount the Nanga Parbat.
It has been a thrilling destination for the followings since a long time:
- nature enthusiastic
- wildlife researchers
- polo lovers
Fairy Meadows Trek is reachable through two valleys that are through either Kaghan Valley or Gilgit. The treks are surrounded by the pouring streams of cold water. These streams are formed by the Raikot glaciers. Tourists love to stay at ‘Raikot Serai’ which is the camping site spread over two acres.
Weather at Fairy Meadows:
Weather in Pakistan has its own uniqueness. The winters are unforgiving in fairy meadows due to the high plateau whereas summers are extremely enjoyable here. The spring carries a mixture of color that is seen rare and it complements the roaring river flowing beside the highlands, cherry color of leaves in spring has its own attraction.
Time to visit Fairy Meadows Pakistan:
It is said that from April to the top of September is the best time to take a trip to fairy Meadows. Few of the tourists have experienced that June, July and August is the best time for the bottom camp. The place is said to become unreachable in winters due to heavy snowfall.
Nights at fairy Meadows:
Fairy Meadow is sometimes termed as heaven on earth. The green fallows situated in between the huge mountains are a mesmerizing creation of Allah. This place at night has a striking view as we can eyewitness thousands of stars just right above our heads. The calmness in its night appeals to people to relax and thank nature.
A Trip to Fairy Meadows:
Fairy Meadows Trip is necessary once during a lifetime. The land feels like a bunch of rare flowers in between the gigantic mountains of Nanga Parbat. The huge mountain provides with a marvelous background for the Fairy Meadows Base Camp.
What to pack for hiking?
When it comes to hiking, some serious preparations need to be done. The following are some things to prepare before we make the trip:
- Good Durable Shoes: The tracks are well leveled and simple with a few steep spots so a regular shoe with good grip should be fine. Depending on the part of the year we are traveling to Fairy Meadows, we should plan our shoes accordingly, for if its snow on the tracks we should be even more cautious. Normal shoes are fine in early October.
- Weatherproof Jackets: It is better to stay safe than to be sorry. It can be rainy, snowfall, or extremely windy at times just like most mountains in this region, so it is always clever to be prepared for the worst weather. Weatherproof jackets save the day.
- Get Maps. Me: Maps.me is one of the best apps we can have on our phones to track location especially when hiking. The app is available on both Android and iOS and with their complete list of available hiking tracks and offline abilities, we will never be lost.
- Prepare Snacks: Food at Fairy Meadows can be a little costly (150 – 500 PKR), especially with big families it is difficult to maintain a budget so if we want to save money, we should buy some snacks beforehand. Snacks can be very helpful for the track especially if we are planning to hike all the way to Nanga Parbat in one day because we will have to take lunch with us. Greenland resort provides with free refilling of water if we decide to stay there, otherwise, all the lodgings sell water or simply we can always refill it from the water stream. While trekking it is compulsory to stay hydrated so water stocking shall be considered beforehand.
- A Daypack: We shall need a backpack to carry all our stuff with us when we are out. During the trip to Fairy Meadows, it is advised to take a daypack, which is light, and have a good capacity to behold all our essentials making our way easy.
List of Hotels in Fairy Meadows Pakistan:
Many hotels assist the tourist who does not want to stay in camp. Following is the list of hotels in fairy meadows Pakistan:
- Fairy Meadows cottages
- Fairy Meadows Broadview hotel and resorts
- Fairy Meadows Viewpoint Hotel & Camping Resort